This Administrative Assistant position provides a variety of standard and specialized support for business partners within Commercial Operations, of Director level or above. Individual must be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships. Individual must have the ability to work independently and also as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through is essential for this job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain virtual meetings as needed, often involving internal personnel and/or external parties, and involving the use of audio and web based technologies;
- Maintain day-to-day calendars and recurring meetings on an individual and/or large scale basis;
- Providing meeting coordination and support to team members as required; act as a central contact for the development team for designated project communications, correspondence and associated documentation;
- Schedule meetings and arrange on-site and off-site meetings with emphasis on detail orientation;
- Prepare and coordinate both domestic and international travel along with expense report management;
- Participate in recruiting efforts by working with the human resources department on our candidate experience: interview scheduling, logistics coordination, hosting responsibilities, and participation in on-boarding activities;
- Assist with all needs along the contract document spectrum: employ use of various systems, partner cross-functionally with other stakeholder departments, and follow standard archival procedures;
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for departmental, company and partnered team meetings;
- Interface effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels;
- Oversee and execute timely completion of additional projects, as needed;
- Handle confidential material effectively and discreetly;
- Establish, update and maintain departmental files (paper and electronic), inventories, and records;
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and strategically respond to routine inquiries regarding department business;
- Provide clerical support as necessary, including filing, faxing, copying, collating and all other administrative support;
- Draft and format confidential and non-routine documents, proof work and make changes as necessary, and/or compose routine correspondences using standard templates;
- Prepare and send outgoing FedEx and other correspondences;
- Assist in maintaining department supplies and equipment and partner with Corporate Services as needed;
- Serve as a collaborative member of the organization’s administrative team and offer relief support, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat; experience with Audio/Video meetings is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly.
- Efficient and responsible follow through.
- Proven ability to think critically and maintain composure when required to work under pressure.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with little or no direction; strong team player is a must.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new challenges as they arise.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and able to adapt with the pace at a fast growing company.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in navigating a corporate culture while contributing to its growth and success.
Interacts with employees and various external contacts within industry.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
High School diploma or GED
A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in progressively increasing positions of responsibility.